The Anglican Development Services-Mt. Kenya (ADS-MK) is a development arm of the Anglican Dioceses of Mt. Kenya South, the Diocese of Thika, the Diocese of Mt. Kenya Central and the Diocese of Mt. Kenya West.
The ADS-MK was formed and registered in 1997 with the mandate to:
- Work with communities in identifying their needs and problems as well as opportunities and resources available for meeting these needs.
- Design and implement projects with partner communities to address their needs and challenges.
- Mobilize resources from the community, local and international sources and to deploy these efficiently for the greatest impact.
- Closely monitor and evaluate the implementation of the community development processes, share this information with partners regularly, and review progress for effective corrective actions during the process.
- Extract lessons learnt, share these with communities and partners and use them in designing and implementing future initiatives.
Wholesome dignified Living.
But he’s already made it plain how to live, what to do,
what God is looking for in men and women.
It’s quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor,
be compassionate and loyal in your love,
And don’t take yourself too seriously—
take God seriously.
A dynamic, empowered and united community sustaining its development and living dignified lives
Transform communities through capacity building to alleviate poverty and its impact in Mount Kenya Region.
Board of Directors
A twenty member board of directors represents the four member dioceses. The board is composed of Bishops, Administrative Secretaries and three outstanding community leaders from each zone. The Board Secretary is the ADS Regional Development Coordinator who is also the CEO.
The board is currently chaired by:
The Rt. Rev Timothy Ranji- Chairman
|Regional Development Coordinator &CEO||Kennedy Gichira|
|Regional Accountant||Rachel Maina|
|Nanyuki Zone Development Coordinator||Rose Kinyua|
|Karaha Zone Development Coordinator||George Ndung’u|
|Chania Zone Development Coordinator||Belinda Muya|
|Wangige Zone Development Coordinator||Loise Chege|